With over 250-acres of land to explore, Brockholes Nature Reserve is a fantastic day out for all the family. Whether it’s a gentle walk around the many lakes discovering what nature has to offer, or enjoying the adventure play area with climbing forest, there’s enough to have a fun packed day.
No matter what time of year Brockholes has something new to see and discover. There are several trails to walk around the lakes or along the River Ribble where you can discover why Brockholes is one of the best places in the UK for bird species and it’s ancient woodland.
Things to note:
- Prices and opening times change seasonally so please check before visiting or booking online.
- Brockholes has numerous places to enjoy a picnic so feel free to bring your own food. Barbeques and fires are not allowed.
- Please don’t feed the birds when visiting.
- Fishing is not permitted.
- Pack your wellies just in case as it can sometimes be muddy, especially in Autumn/Winter.
- There are some trails that are accessible for wheelchair users.
- Dogs are not allowed unless they’re assistance dogs.
- Opening times change seasonally. The visitor centre and facilities are open in Summer (1 April – 31 October, 10am-5pm 7 days a week, and Winter (1 November – 31 March, 10am-4pm Wednesday to Sunday). The reserve gates do open earlier and close later than above but the facilities will not be available).