Cotebrook Shire Horse Centre is located in 50 acres of Cheshire countryside and has a great range of animals to make your visit truly memorable. Up to 30 horses, pigs, cows, deer, foxes, bird of prey, polecats and even otters are on show for you to discover and meet.
Walk through the stables to learn and meet the huge Shire horses, Stallions, Mares, Foals and Minature Shetland pony. Then take a walk around the beautiful trail and see the playful Otters, the stunning birds of prey, pigs and their beautiful piglets, Aberdeen Angus cattle and British favourites such as Red Deer, Red Foxes, Scottish Wildcat and Red Squirrels.
During any day there are numerous activities to make your visit even better. Join the staff as they feed the Otters, Polecats and Red Foxes and answer any questions you may have. Or why not see the irresistible Shetland pony grooming, or meet the giant Shire Horses up close and personal. These activities vary on each day but are well worth getting involved in.
There’s a great collection of wonderful wildlife at Cotebrook too. Walk through the lovely wetland areas, Kingswater and Blind Mares Bog, where’s there’s insects, toads, frogs, great crested newts, water voles and grass snakes. There’s Perch, Rudd and Roach in the Cotebrook lakes and ponds too.
After all that discovery and exercise, why not relax in the café with some delicious food and drink. Or take them outside if the weather is nice on the decked area overlooking the pond.
Things to note:
- Closed Christmas day and Boxing day
- Prices: Children (3-16yrs) £7.00, Children (under 3yrs) FREE, Adults (17yrs+) £9.00, OAPs (60yrs+) £8.00, Family (2 adults and up to 3 children under 16yrs) £32.00
- Last entry is one hour before closing time
- Memberships are available if you want to become a frequent visitor
- Animal adoption is available which help the centre with care and running costs for the animals